Ok, so it didn’t get up into the 60s right away this week, but it did toward the end of this Thankful Thursday week. I believe it will get warmer starting tomorrow (I hope!).
1. Mister went back to work almost two weeks ago and is already into working 6 days a week even tho they haven’t gone full boar yet. Which means he’s been having decent 8 hour days (sometimes shorter). Well, he didn’t have to work this past Saturday and it was my weekend off too. So we went to one of the cities in the area and did some Asian grocery shopping and then went to lunch at one of our favorite places…Sushi Buffet. It was a wonderful day….just to not have to work or be on a schedule! You know what I mean?
2. The next day after Mass, our aunt said that our cousin’s daughter was making breakfast so we went to their home instead of to the Cafe. It was pretty yummy and we had a good time visiting. That afternoon we went to our grand-nephew’s 1st birthday party. Mister was late getting back from seeing his folks at the nursing home, so we missed out on the pizza part of the party. Which would have been fine had we left when everyone else did. But a couple of his siblings decided to have a few more beers (the bowling alley where the party took place is connected to a bar) so we stayed too. I had like 5 or 6 beers on an empty stomach. Needless to say it was a very fun time….I got drunk. There I said it! I haven’t been out in months but I think I made up for it in 4 hours. It was so much fun and I didn’t even have a hangover the next day.
3. This week I had my annual work evaluation and I passed with flying colors. I was told that they don’t have any problems with me or my work and that I’m an asset 🙂 That resulted in a pay raise. WOOHOO! Every little bit counts, right?
4. The construction has started again at my work location – they’re intending to have the new parking lots completed by May. That’ll be good. For right now tho, there is hardly a point to wash my car!
5. Oh, here’s a photo of the baby blanket I mentioned in last week’s post. I need to start another one or another crochet project. Or….finish the afghan I started about 14 years ago. haha
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. No change in this area…I’m still doing the Kathy Smith Power Walking workouts here at home and also at work! I like the versatility 🙂
Follow me on Google+