This week’s Thankful Thursday post is one of the shorter ones. It’s been a bit of a blur, but I’ll do the best I can.
1. My mother-in-law passed away a week ago and we buried her 2 days ago. It was a long Visitation – 4 hours. Everyone loved her! She had an infectious smile and was a very giving person who possessed a lot of faith. As I expected, there was a lot of crying at her funeral Mass. We miss her a LOT.
Flowers from her services…
2. People are pretty kind in times of sadness. I was at home one day and all of a sudden I heard some machinery but knew it was too early to harvest. I look out the window and see our landlord’s son on a rider mower zipping across our back yard. He did what takes us 4 or 5 hours with the push mower to do, in an hour. That kind gesture bought some precious time and allowed for us to not worry about getting the lawn mowed. How wonderful is that?
3. I have no traveler tidbits as I only worked 2 days (of my 3 per week) and those 2 are kind of a blur – one the day after my MIL’s passing and one the day after her funeral. My kids did come back from visiting my Mom on Maui, but we didn’t get a chance to visit a whole lot yet. The last day or two, they’ve been getting the two oldest settled in college 3 hours away.
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
4. I only got some dancing at a friend’s outdoor wedding reception, couple CIZE workouts, a small power walk and some weights lifted this week for exercise. Not a whole lot but it did help relieve some of the stress.
5. I made salsa one day just to take my mind of depressing things. I added a lot of sweet peppers which made it a sweeter version of what I usually made. It was one of the best I’ve done in a while 🙂
Hopefully I will have a more uplifting post next week.
Follow me on Google+