Happy December! First Thankful Thursday post of the month 🙂 The days are getting shorter and Christmas is going to be here sooner than we think…so are ya’ll ready for it? I’m getting there – earlier than later, for once.
1. So the day after our quiet, peaceful, calm Thankxgiving Day, we went over to our daughter’s and son-in-law’s home for a country rib dinner. Can you say yummy? We feasted on ribs, corn, Chinese Chicken Salad, cheesy garlic bread, steamed broccoli, apple crisp, oatmeal/coconut pie, beer and wine. Their puppy had had surgery that afternoon and wasn’t feeling up to par, poor baby. After dinner we enjoyed this naughty, but fun card game and the Iowa Hawkeye football game.
2. My traveler tidbit for this week: Ms. Prancer came in and while signing the guestbook noticed the name on the line above hers was Mr. Dancer. She wondered out loud if Dancer was one of Santa’s reindeer. Wait! I thought Prancer was? lol We chatted and I told her “Santa Claus” came in last week. 😉
3. Mister, his baby sister and their aunt stopped in at work on their way to see my father-in-law. That just made my long, slow day that much shorter.
4. I saw more prisms in my right eye for less than two minutes this week. It wasn’t very colorful but it still startles and scares me when it happens. I sure hope this is the last of it.
5. Got my hair cut – my hairdresser took about 3 inches off and my head feels so much lighter. She also parted it on the side instead of letting it fall to the middle as usual. I think I like it…
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. I did CIZE Go For It (the 5th in the series) a couple more times this week. I’m just about owning that workout! One or two more times and I’ll be ready to be in the front row. (Shaun has us gauge how well we know the dance routine by deciding if we should stay in the back, be up front, or whether we are ready to have our own video haha) I did also visit Kathy Smith and power walked with her while lifting weights. That is still one of my favorite workouts!
Follow me on Google+