Did you have a Merry Christmas? This Thankful Thursday post has me wishing you a belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year!
1. It was a nice quiet Christmas for Mister and I opening presents in the morning before we headed out to visit my father-in-law at the nursing home. Our little family gathering will be on January 2nd where we will get together with our children and grandchildren while our larger/extended family gathering was on Sunday. I didn’t get to partake cos I had to work over the weekend but I heard it was a fun time had by all. I was told 74 people showed up this year.
2. We had a bad weather day earlier this week with mixed snow and rain that caused a little hail and then some sleet. Quite a few travelers stopped in and told me that there were several vehicles in the ditches. I closed the Center down an hour earlier to fight my way home in the stupid winter weather. I really despise this kind of weather cos I always end up with white knuckles. 🙁
3. I’ve been off work the last few days keeping busy finishing wrapping gifts for Saturday’s anticipated fun time. I really enjoy wrapping gifts getting all creative and sometimes crazy with the ribbons and bows! And I really get excited watching the recipients open them to find their surprise 🙂
4. We received this beautiful wreath from our oldest daughter and her family who live on the west coast. I love the smell of fresh pine!
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. I’ve managed to work out twice the last two of three days I’ve had off. Les Mills Combat has been my choice of calorie burn cos I really like kickboxing.
6. Here’s a picture of one of our healthy quickie dinners this week- baked pork steak, jasmine rice and sautéed zucchini.
Follow me on Google+