Happy New Month guys! It’s a short one so maybe that’ll allow spring to come faster lol I have a few highlights for my Thankful Thursday post today. No animal sightings but did see lots of snow 🙁
1. I had the weekend off work and was so happy and grateful becos we had a snowstorm that brought 6 inches of snow to our humble abode. UGH! It started on Saturday evening and kept snowing on Sunday, plus it was windy – which made drifts up to 18 inches – so we ended up snowed in; our power went out for an hour and I was content to stay in for a few days.
2. But that didn’t happen! The County maintainer who usually takes 2 or 3 days to come and clear our road was there Monday afternoon doing his job. So we went to town to run errands and drop our daughter’s birthday gift off. I had already cancelled our lunch date with her and she made other plans. I was going to make spring rolls that nite for dinner, but instead we went out to the Hong Kong Buffet for supper….another last-minute “date”. I’m easy to please sometimes and I love those dates 🙂
3. I had a delightful surprise visit at work from my daughter and granddaughter as they were on a quest to the city to find a winter formal dress for this coming weekend. It’s always a pleasure to see them – I’ve said that enough times…I LOVE visits at work from family and friends 🙂
4. This morning as I drove to work my part-time job, I wished I could have taken pictures while driving for once. The snow-covered trees were breathtakingly beautiful and I’m so sad that I could not capture it and post it here. By the way, I only had to work for 2 1/2 hours today. Made a quick trip to the store on the way home, and even got to get a workout in. Woohoo!
On the Fitness/Nutrition Front
5. I purchased a non Beachbody walking dvd so I could do the exercises indoors while at work. Kathy Smith is one of the trainers whose dvd you can purchase such as this workout for diabetics; but the one I got is Power Walking and not in my Beachbody store. So I used the program 4 times this week and love it!
6. I did make the spring rolls on another nite instead. They were made with rice paper and pretty filling. I used ground pork, cabbage and carrots to keep it simple. Here’s a picture of a few of them and yest, they were yummy 🙂
Follow me on Google+