So my first Thankful Thursday post of this new month is also the first one of the New year. WOW! That’s all I can say. It still amazes me how time just seems to pass by faster and faster!
1. I had my annual eye exam this week and everything went well. I didn’t expect it to be anything but that. I’ve been taking Omega-3 and Bilberry with lutein supplements over the last year becos at my last visit, the doctor said that I have the beginnings of cataracts. She said that everyone will get them, just at different degrees and unfortunately, I may need to have surgery at some point to remove them. I don’t like surgery.
2. The biggest highlight of the week happened on Saturday when the temperature shot up to 42 in my area. I worked that day and watched the snow melt ALL day long! That definitely made my 10 hours go by very quickly and also made me smile all day! 😀
3. I’m not sure if I would call this a highlight, but it happened. I’ll call it an enlightening moment. I went to the store to return some Christmas gifts. When I walked in, the door alarm went off. What? I’ve had it go off a few times when I’ve walked OUT of a store, but never into one lol I told the Customer Service guy what happened but he didn’t seem too alarmed and asked me if I had just bought something new like a purse or shoes, or shirt. I thought about all the things I was wearing, etc. and nothing except a magnet bracelet was fairly new….oh, and my leggings. So he said not to worry about it. Again, what? Ok, so I purchase a few things and head out the door. The alarm goes off again. Are you kidding me? So another clerk who I know comes over and starts teasing me about setting off the alarm. I told her it did it when I came in too. So she asked me the same questions as the guy but also says I must have a little tag in one of my clothing that I need to find and cut off or I’ll keep setting alarms off. She says it’s a white tag with a picture of a scissors on it. Well, who would have thought? I never heard of such a thing. Have you? I came home and found the culprit and cut it off. The ironic thing is, this is the same store I had bought this sweater at. And how did I get it out of the store in the first place????
4. Today I am thankful that my husband is on seasonal layoff becos I had to work…well, not becos I had to work! We live in the country and I believe due to the lay of the land, our gravel road drifts badly when the wind blows the snow around. We have been snowed in in previous years. I had to work today so he shoveled our lane then drove down the road and into town to see how the roads were to make sure I could get out. He’s such a gem 🙂
5. I am still feeling blessed that my husband is taking time to cook our supper so that it’s ready when I get home from work. I like to cook and all, but I enjoy eating what he cooks – different dishes than I do! Tonight we had pork roast, salad and a wild rice medley. Yummo!
Enjoy the rest of the first week of 2014 🙂
Follow me on Google+