Can you believe the first month of the new year is almost over? I’m not. lol Guess it’s time for my Thankful Thursday post. And here we go!
1. I’ve been able to handcraft more greeting cards this week. I’m really enjoying that ‘me’ time 🙂 I decided to just create them and later will write on or in them. That way I’ll feel like I got more done…any trick to make me feel productive lol
2. I finally got to see a fox live, in action. For years my husband has been talking about seeing them in the fields near our house (in the early hours of the morning on his way to work) but I have never seen one. So the other day as I was heading to work, I saw what I thought was a dog run across our gravel road about a quarter mile away. As I drove I watched it run across the field, then over the black top, down the ditch and into another field and it kept running, not once stopping. I figured it was too fast for a dog (and I also wondered why a dog would be running that fast so early in the morning and not chasing anything). The animal’s coat was a reddish brown, unlike any dog’s color that I’ve seen so I’m pretty sure it was a fox!
3. I worked this past weekend and it’s still slow as ever but my dear husband stopped by after church on his way to see his folks at the nursing home becos he knows I like to see him. And I know he feels lonely without me 😀 That was my highlight of the day 🙂
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
4. Great news! I got 5 workouts in this week – one of them being half an hour of snow shoveling while at work cos I was really bored and wanted to do something ACTIVE so I asked someone to bring me a shovel 🙂 Go me!
5. One of my church friends called and said it was time to go have lunch this week. So we went to Applebee’s…they have a new menu since the last time I’d been there. I decided to try something different than my usual Oriental spinach salad with grilled shrimp. I had one of their combos – Caesar salad and shrimp linguine – and boy was it filling! We decided we should do this monthly so I’m guessing I’ll be trying a new dish for a long time to come 🙂
Follow me on Google+