Hello and Happy New Year! I think I might have said that in my last Thankful Thursday post, but seeing as I was a bit ill last week, I ask that you cut me some slack lol I do have a few highlights for this week…
1. Our baby girl came over for a visit last Friday nite and it’s still amazing how it feels like it used to be when it was just the 3 of us all the time. And she’s been married for 3 years! We had a good visit before her dad and I went to bed while she napped on the couch till she had to leave in the middle of the night to pick up her husband.
2. I finally had a free Sunday (off work and nothing else scheduled) where I made it to Mass, out to breakfast at the Cafe and then to the nursing home to visit my in laws. My mother in law (has alzheimer’s) was more alert than I’d seen her in several weeks. She seemed to recognize me – maybe not as her daughter in law, but someone she knew. She even wanted a second and third hello kiss from me.
3. I worked at my part time job at the lawyer’s for the first time as their employee this week. It felt kind of strange as I’ve been working there for 2 years now and even tho everything is the same, it just ‘felt’ different – can’t explain it. I only worked a few hours there and then decided to catch some After-Christmas sales. When I left the second store, I decided to skip the next two becos it started snowing and ya’ll know I’m not a huge fan of driving in winter weather. Glad I did cos we ended up getting about 5 inches of snow that nite.
4. Yesterday I called in sick cos on Tuesday afternoon I got the D word…which kept me running to the bathroom that nite and I didn’t sleep much 🙁 It was a blessing in disguise cos we had wind chills of minus double digits yesterday and the weather people advised staying off the roads. Gladly!
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. I’ve been attempting to get back on track with my Beachbody workouts since being down ill. It feels good when I do it of course. I just have to get back into the habit.
6. My appetite and taste buds have been gradually returning to normal. It’s nice to feel slimmer, but this is not the way I would recommend doing it.
Follow me on Google+