Hallelujah, I’m back to normal…more or less haha I’m just behind a little and playing catch up the last few days. Here’s my Thankful Thursday highlights post for this week.
1. I was scheduled to work on Friday the 13th so I went in, but was feeling the pain before I got there. Within a couple hours I had lined up a sub to cover the rest of my shift and I was outta there by noon. I went home and layed on the couch and fought a fever the rest of the day and nite. It got up to 102.6 and I was not eating much, if at all. It’s kind of a blur so I don’t remember everything about this stomach flu.
2. Thank God I had the next day and half off so I rested up some, but had to call in sick Sunday afternoon. The “d” word had overtaken me that day and a half! So much fun! NOT!!! I rested up and didn’t eat much till I had to work 4 hours on Tuesday. I made it ok, but had to move gently cos my stomach was still cramping tho not as harsh as before. I worked my full 10 hours yesterday and have been on schedule since then. My appetite even came back, but I still have some queasiness.
3. The traveler traffic has picked a tiny bit now that it’s a little warmer, but I see that the parking lot construction will be starting soon and I’m afraid all the orange cones and fencing will probably deter a lot of people from stopping at the Rest Area/Welcome Center. Oh well, someday when it’s all said and done, it will be beautiful and we will have a LOT of traffic. I’ll be so busy I’ll wish it were this slow again. Nah! I don’t think so! haha
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
4. I finally attempted a workout today and did 20 minutes of Power Walking. It wasn’t easy at first as I hadn’t worked out in 12 days. But it felt good!
5. I’m eating more than just apple pieces and crackers and am controlling my portions so this will be a good point to restart the nutrition part of my journey. I made a comfort dish – stir fry spam and veggies…
Follow me on Google+