Oh my gosh! It’s like DAYLIGHT when I leave my building at work and for a good part of the drive home. I can almost not turn my lights on to drive! Woohoo! Here’s my Thankful Thursday highlights for the week.
1. We got to see one of our grandsons do his solo performance in a band contest over the weekend. They live 50 minutes away in the next state so we don’t get to see each other that often. It was great to see our son, our daughter-in-law and our two grandsons.
2. After his solo, Mister and I left to grab some lunch before heading home. I texted our baby girl and they weren’t sure what they were doing for lunch, so we met up and had lunch with them. They shared some pictures from their trip to Mexico and it was just great to see two of our kids in one day 🙂
3. Since it’s still cold outside and I got in the mood to crochet, I started another baby blanket. This time with baby yarn (so soft!!). I haven’t done this pattern for a long time so it took me a few “trys” before I got it right.
4. Oooooo….my amaryllis plant that I received as a birthday gift 4 years ago finally bloomed! I thought it might have died since it didn’t bloom around my birthday (in December).
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. We’re still going with Kathy Smith on her power walks (Power Walking dvds). I definitely feel my clothes fitting a little bit looser. Score!
6. Mister cooked a couple really yummy dishes this week for supper. One was baked rabbit with corn flakes over it…it sure made the meat tender! And he made a couple homemade pizzas. I forgot to take a picture of the rabbit dish (I think I was so hungry after work that nite that I just wanted to eat and chillax). But check out this ground pork burger pizza….
Follow me on Google+