How is everyone this Thankful Thursday? Things are pretty good in this part of the world and for that I am thankful.
1. Our year old car is still under warranty so I had the privilege of taking it in for a maintenance/check up appointment. After that I headed to get my grocery shopping done while in town and then to my second daughter’s for a grill-out supper. Mister stopped on his way home from work and we had an enjoyable evening visiting and eating a steak dinner. 🙂 First (hopefully not the last) BBQ of the season.
2. Speaking of seasons, it’s graduation season around here. Our one and only granddaughter walked across stage over the weekend. The great news is she received a $12K scholarship from the temp agency I work at. One of the requirements was that you had to have a parent or grandparent employed there. It tickled me that I had a small part in her getting a financial award to help her out at college.
3. Despite the storm we had that rained sideways the other day, I still got to harvest – 4th week in a row – more wild asparagus. I have a feeling this might be the last of it tho.
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
4. I’m still getting my weekly workouts in. ChaLEAN Extreme strength training workouts have been helping me build some awesome muscles with the weights; Turbo Fire’s Sculpt and Tone exercises with the resistance band is doing the same and makes for a little variety in my routine; and Kathy Smith’s power walks are keeping my heart healthy and the rest of me slimmer than not. 🙂
5. Our landlord has cut into our yard in order to grow more crops. So our garden plots have disappeared. Imagine my surprise when I found our asparagus plant growing in the middle of the corn plants.
Follow me on Google+