Hey! I hope ya’ll are staying warm. It’s been really windy in my part of the country. I’ve had to pull out my coats and boots. I’m drinking my hot tea as I share my Thankful Thursday highlights for the week with you.
1. So exactly 4 weeks after the washer repairman left us with a perfectly running washer, it broke again 🙁 So I called and he came to check it out. Happy to say he was here all of 20 minutes as it was an easy fix and all is well in my laundry world again 🙂
2. Our baby girl came over for dinner on Halloween as her husband was occupied that evening. I was making my famous teriyaki beef dinner with macaroni salad and rice (just like my mother taught me and how they make it in Hawaii). My kids know that I pretty much only make this meal for special occasions and they always feel like it’s a treat. But the reason I was making it out of the blue is becos my oldest daughter wanted the recipe for the beef marinade and since I don’t use a recipe, I had to make one up. She said it turned out great, but I wanted to test the measurements I had given her for myself. Anyway, it was tasty, but needs tweaking and so it will be tweaked the next time I make it.
3. I’m sure you’ve noticed since Daylight Savings Time ended that it gets dark around 5:15. I don’t like it one bit becos I don’t particularly like driving in the dark! I’m looking forward to my birthday as it is the shortest day of the year and the next day, the days will start becoming longer. Yay!
4. This is the first week of the month so that means I’m working 2 jobs. I had to work 4 days in a row between my full time and part time jobs, but the part time one was for only 3.5 hours. I like short days 🙂 Next week I have to finish up at the lawyer’s firm so that will entail at least 8 hours. That is still shorter than my full time job at 10 hours a day.
On the Fitness/Nutrition Front
5. A Facebook friend asked if I wanted to join a November Fitness Challenge. I figured it would get me to do something EVERY day so I said yes. It’s pretty simple – 30 squats, 30 pushups, 30 core/abs work. A lot of days I’m doing it at work and/or before I do my regular workout. I only have about a week and a half of PiYo workouts left, then I can say I’ve finished one round of it.
6. I wasn’t that good about snacking this week. I bought a bag of smarties and ate it all. Say what??? I also bought some butter pecan cookies and haven’t quite ate it all or anything (Mister likes them too), but I’ve had my fair share 🙁 I’m working on getting my resolve clarified and finding my determination to not overdo on sweet snacks this holiday season. I can do it. I will do it!
How about you? Do you have challenges with your nutrition during the holiday season?
Follow me on Google+