Here’s another Thankful Thursday post and a few highlights over the past week. I hope your week has been productive and going well.
1. It got cold! I’m not ready for this, are you? I had to wear my boots a couple days this week…and shoes. No bueno.
2. I haven’t heard from our washer repairman yet. He was supposed to order parts and get back to me but the washer hasn’t been acting up. Which means I haven’t been doing my “clothes wringing strength training” as much lol So I’ve had to use actual weights.
3. Our landlord has been systematically taking down the old machine shed that has served as a great windbreaker for us. I’m gonna miss it. You can see part of it in this photo.
4. Work has been slower than usual due to major construction going on at our site. They are removing the surfaces of the parking lots (badly needed), raising the bottom one and making it all one level, and lengthening the on and off ramps. They started a couple months ago and said it was going to be completed “before the snow flies”. I don’t think that’s gonna happen. Anyway, I believe this has deterred the travelers from stopping in when they see the million orange cones and fencing along the exit.
On the Fitness/Nutrition Front
5. Still keeping up with my PiYo workouts at home. At work, I started walking around the buildings a few times a day since it’s slower and I have more time there! Anything to burn calories, right?
6. Mister got rained out one day this week and took care of getting supper around while I worked. He called out for pizza from our favorite place in town – it’s the best! He bought two large ones so he will have a lot of leftovers for lunches, but half of one of them was taco. It went really well with my homemade salsa 🙂
Oh yea, I made one more batch of….yep, you guessed it….salsa!
Follow me on Google+