How was your week since my last Thankful Thursday post? Mine has been a little warmer temperature-wise. And I have a few things to be grateful for again this past week 🙂
1. I got to spend time with two of my daughters and my daughter-in-law for a Girls Getaway in one of the close-by cities. Of course it was basically an advertising campaign where they give you a shopping bag full of “goodies” which is actually little notepads, samples, water bottles, etc. that has the different businesses’ logos on them. It started with a brunch and fashion show – one of the dress shop owners narrated it and the models wore clothes from her store. We did some shopping and went to 20-minute seminars at various establishments – one of which was a wine place….our favorite lol There was a photo booth so we made use of that! The last event was a prize drawing and I even won something….a framed photo of a family on a boat which was taken in 1905. Not exactly sure what I will do with it yet.
2. I didn’t have to work the weekend, so I made it to Mass, then to the nursing home to visit my in-laws. My mother-in-law was asleep so we didn’t get to interact with her. Then we had a relaxing breakfast at one of the cafes in town and then a quick visit to a cousin who we found out that morning was in the hospital.
3. Last month while doing my taxes, I seemed to have lost an envelope of receipts that thankfully I had already entered into my ledger. I actually thought it had somehow fallen into the wastebasket and got burned. But guess what? I found it with another envelope in my file cabinet. Whew! That was a close call!
4. Here’s a couple pics of the leaves of my daffodils and tulips peeking out of the ground. I’m excited to see them bloom so I can see the pretty colors of spring flowers!
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. Kathy Smith’s Power Walking workouts are still the most convenient and versatile for my lifestyle right now, but I wanted something different for a change so I did Les Mills Combat today and will do a Beachbody dvd once or twice a week for variety and to work different muscles. I need to get back into strength training too!
Follow me on Google+