I swear Iowa’s weather drives me crazy! It’s in the 50s again and so windy the last few days! It was 45 mph winds a couple days ago and I thought I was going to blow away. I really try not to complain about whatever weather we have (except for winter weather) becos I know it will change. But I tell ya, this Thankful Thursday post, I am complaining about the fluctuating temperatures. I want the 70s to get here already!
1. Our baby girl came out from the city on a weekend evening after I got off work as her husband was visiting his best friend in town. She took the opportunity to come visit with us since we live just 3 miles from his friend. Of course I stayed up an hour and a 1/2 later than usual and altho I was a little tired at work the next day, it was worth it 🙂
2. Mister stopped by for a quick hello on his way to get some fishing done this past weekend. Work was (still) a bit slow, so that made the time go by just a bit faster. And as always, we like to see each other whenever we get the chance. #goldenhighlight He came home with a “future” yummy dinner for us too 🙂
3. They tell us the construction on our parking lot will be done by the end of next month. I will be truly grateful so we can have lots and lots of travelers stopping by, therefore making my 10 hours fly by at work!
4. These are the only flowers I could find in our yard this week. After some research on Google, I found that these are called grape hyacinth or Muscari…they’re such pretty little petite things and seem to come up every spring!
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. I got some Turbo Fire workouts in this week along with Kathy Smith’s Power Walk ones. I’ve decided to work on my triceps – aka bat wings – so I’m slowly working into some weight lifting. The Sculpt and Tone workouts just about did me in….THAT’s how long I haven’t done resistance training. So yes, I did drink some P90X Recovery Formula this week lol
6. I’ve never made rice pilaf in my life, but I did this week. It turned out pretty yummy. I found the recipe in one of my Hawaiian cookbooks. I think I will be trying more recipes from those wonderful books!
Follow me on Google+