Can you believe the first week of August is just about gone and it’s time for another Thankful Thursday post? The weather cooled down just a little this past week – down to the mid 80s lol
1. This week brought more friends and family stopping in at work. A friend from church who I haven’t seen for a while becos I haven’t been there for a while stopped in for some information 🙂 Then on two different days two nieces’ husbands stopped in on their way home. It sure makes me happy to see people I actually know come in while I’m serving the community 🙂
2. Some of my kids went to Maui to visit my Mom and our family there. I’ve been really homesick this week! Working two jobs helped keep my mind off it somewhat.
3. So this week a traveler named Ed came in and told me that he did a lot of research and that this comet is going to crash into earth on September 15 and things will not be the same. Heck! Things haven’t been the same for a loooonnng long time! Then I had another traveler named Roger come in and ask me if he was in Iowa. I told him he was in heaven – and he got it! (You know…the line from the Field of Dreams movie?) I get that question a lot from people when they walk in the door.
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. This week’s workouts have been CIZE and my mowing workout – 90 minutes this time. I hurt my right foot somehow at work but don’t know how. I just started limping cos it hurt to walk so today I’m just doing some strength training without moving my lower body too much.
6. I bought some pocket bread and threw some ground pork, sweet peppers and onions together and that was dinner one nite. Another evening, Mister grilled a couple arm steaks. We had enough for two nites of beef dinners. One was with sautéed snap peas and grilled sweet corn on the cob and the second nite was with a salad and mushroom couscous. So much deliciousness!!
Have a great week!
Follow me on Google+