Here’s my quickie Thankful Thursday post for this week. Not much excitement lately. It’s been work work work (two jobs again!) and not enough fun times 🙁 Maybe next week…
1. I had to work on the 4th of July. This is the first year they decided we’d be open on 3 holidays…Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Labor Day. It wasn’t as busy as I imagined it would be. So maybe we won’t be open next year on this holiday? Whichever. I get premium wages for being there and we didn’t have any exciting plans anyway.
2. One of the better highlights of the past week was having 2 weekend days off with Mister. He usually works 6 days a week – construction’s busy season. But management decided they wanted July 5th off so he had a 3 day holiday for once. It was a wonderful two days spent with each other – just being with each other! 🙂
3. More wildflowers popped up in another part of our yard so I’m posting them since I enjoy our flowers 🙂 The first two are of some pink daisy-like flowers in a little patch…could be coneflower, but not sure. The third picture are flowers on a sweet potato plant.
On the Fitness/Nutrition Front
4. I am really liking the PiYo workout program that I’m doing. (check out the video here) I am not following the exact schedule that came with the program becos of my work schedule, but I will follow the calendar order of workouts. I love the intenseness of the moves and the fact that there is no jumping involved! *very low impact* There are a lot of tricep pushups and I am liking them very much. I’m looking forward to having some sweet triceps when all is said and done. 🙂
5. I made a rabbit stir fry dish for supper one nite this week and we had a lot of leftovers for our lunches 🙂 Do ya’ll like leftovers? For some reason I lose weight when I eat rabbit. Maybe becos it’s a dense, very lean meat and I don’t eat very much of it when I eat it. Anyway, it’s like I make any other stir fry dish. Cook the veggies, cook the meat, season it and mix it together.
Follow me on Google+