What a week it’s been! Highlights and lowlights….all part of my Thankful Thursday post. I believe everything happens for a reason…even tho I don’t always know what it is.
1. Our son made it to a rehab facility closer to home and is making improvements in his physical and cognitive therapy. For this we are truly grateful. He is a strong man and will soon be back home with his wife and two boys. Then the next step – not sure how long it will take – will be to return to work.
2. Kids are still having graduation parties around here. We went to our nephew’s party out on a farm on the weekend. Felt so good to take a break and be out visiting family and be amongst people we hadn’t seen for so long and let loose a little. I say little becos I only had three beers! haha
3. My mother had her check up on the tumors that the doctor hadn’t removed when he did surgery in December. They found cancerous cells and that was devastating news to us all. She is choosing to not have chemo/radiation or more surgeries and will seek other more natural treatments. Please keep her in your prayers and healing thoughts.
4. The traveler traffic at work continues to grow and also the compliments. With all the ‘stuff’ that’s going on, I am soaking in all the confidence-building compliments that people give me 🙂 I’m also enjoying the flowers that keep popping up in our yard every year. Here are a couple shots of the wildflowers…
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. I’ve been keeping up with my workouts – warming up with Kathy Smith’s Power Walks and then doing ChaLEAN Extreme for weightlifting. I don’t think I will stop the Power Walks, they’re so simple and convenient!
6. Making the trip to the hospital this week with my second daughter was enlightening as far as finding another great burger place to eat. She and my son-in-law love to eat out and I think they could write a book of reviews for all the restaurants and eateries they’ve been to! She took me to Five Guys for lunch and when we got back closer to home, we went to Noodles which I hadn’t been to in over a year. After Mister and I visited our son on the weekend, I took him to Five Guys and he really liked it too 🙂
Follow me on Google+