As they say in Hawaii, Happy Lei Day! May Day there is Lei Day and it’s celebrated with lots of flower leis and beautiful flowers…..and I love flowers! What a wonderful day to post a Thankful Thursday blog.
1. I went out for the first time in months last weekend. It was an aunt’s 70th birthday party and it was so much fun! There was a live band at the bar so I even got to do my favorite past time – dancing 🙂 I’ve been so busy working and trying to not be such a nite owl, that I forgot to go out and have fun once in awhile.
2. The convertible dress bra that I posted about last week arrived. If you clicked on the link, you saw it’s just two cups and a connector! It’ll be interesting to see how it works 🙂
3. I had my 6 month job evaluation this week. They were impressed with my work performance and gave me a raise. I’m glad to report that I have my job for at least another year till the next review!
4. Mister got his Triumph motorcycle back from the shop this week. It’s a highlight for me becos it means that we will be going on some rides in the next several months. And that always burns some calories, not to mention the feeling of exhilaration and freedom that I get riding down the country roads!
5. Mister was also called back to start work on Monday. Again, it involves him but it’s a highlight for me becos it made him happy and when he’s happy, I’m happy. He was ready to take a break from his 6-day a week work schedule in December and now he’s ready to get back at it again. I personally hope it will be 5-day weeks this year.
6. The grass is SOOOO green! And I found the daffodil leaves popping up and the bushes and trees starting to bud. It’s a bit chilly yet, but spring is definitely in the air 🙂
On the Fitness/Nutrition Front
7. I have lost a couple pounds due to eating smaller portions, more fruits and less starches. I’ve had a challenge with fruits becos it’s not the same kind that I grew up eating in Hawaii. (yes, I admit I’m spoiled) But the combination has helped me loosen up my clothing and destroy fat cells 🙂 *like*
8. I have given up trying to have a set “workout routine”. At the moment, I work out 35 to 60 minutes on my days off and 10 to 30 minutes after work on the days I work. IF I don’t feel like working out (seldom), then I don’t. This has lessened the anxiety and stress of trying to get in 5 to 6 workouts a week which worked fine when I wasn’t working! I am still doing my video workouts but looking forward to doing more and more walking outside in the fresh air 🙂
Have a great rest of the week!
Follow me on Google+