Happy Thankxgiving! It is truly and literally a Thankful Thursday right on the holiday. I hope everyone is enjoying their special time with family and/or friends. I know I am very grateful for all of my blessings.
1. We celebrated Thankxgiving with our larger family combined with my in-laws’ 63rd wedding anniversary last Sunday. They both reside in a nursing home; one is in the assisted living wing and the other is in full care. We took over the visitor/public cafeteria area with our huge potluck/party. I believe we had about 67 people show and that’s NOT including all of our family. It was a great time and as usual we had tons of food. So if anyone left hungry, it was their own fault!
2. I finished my Christmas shopping this past week. WOOHOO!!!! That is a big highlight and a relief to me. Now all I have to do is wait for the packages to be delivered then I can start wrapping. I am excited to be DONE so I don’t have to think about it and can just enjoy the season 🙂
3. I received a nice surprise in my email yesterday. The lawyer firm that I work for thru a temp agency asked if I wanted to be their employee. That most likely would mean a raise. I work there next week so we will be discussing the option.
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
4. I’ve been a slug this past week and have not gotten but 2 workouts in 🙁 I have kept up my 30/30/30 Fitness Challenge so I’m not a total slug lol But I really do need to get back on track. What is wrong with me? Besides being lazy? I tend to do that around the holidays…when in fact, that is the time I need to be on top of my game! *sigh*
5. Same with my nutrition. I have been good as in “I haven’t pigged out on sweets and stuff!” But I am not losing any weight either. Duh! I hope to do better.
Follow me on Google+