Oh yeah, the week went by semi slowly for a change haha I don’t have a lot for this week’s Thankful Thursday post, but a little is better than nothing, right?
1. The plumber came out to check our water pump. It was thankfully, an easy fix – no air in the system. It’s all good now 🙂
2. We had our annual Family Reunion at the city park over the weekend. Not everyone comes anymore due to activities that have now invaded Sundays – the one day of the week that I always thought was sacred and designated “family time”. It was a good time had by all that did show up tho. As always, I enjoyed seeing my family 🙂
3. This is rare, but I had to stretch my part time job at the lawyer firm over 3 different weeks. I usually get it done in two days; if I have to go in the third day, it’s usually in the same week as the second day, but due to my full time work schedule, that wasn’t the case. The bonus was that Boss’ Day was coming up and the gals took their bosses to lunch and I was invited to go along, altho I’m not really an employee of the firm. It was awesome as it was at one of my favorite restaurants in town – a Thai place. I had the super delicious Asparagus, Shiitake Mushrooms w/Pork and black garlic sauce, and jasmine rice. Yum!
4. Sadly, the trees in our yard are baring their foliage. I’m not happy….only becos it means colder weather. Have I said that I do not like cold weather? I don’t. Here’s what part of our yard looks like –
On the Fitness/Nutrition Front
5. I wasn’t very good with the workouts this past week. I’ve done only 1 workout in 7 days and it was Les Mills Combat, not PiYo. Oops. Guess I could call it a Recovery Week. Whatever, I need to get back on track.
6. Mister harvested the potatoes and some of the carrots from two of our vegetable gardens this week so I baked them with a pork roast for dinner and it’s been lasting us several days. That was the most healthy meal I cooked up this week. And I apologize, I didn’t take photos of it.
Follow me on Google+