Hi there peeps! The days are getting noticeably shorter. We will be turning our clocks back this weekend and just like that I’ll be leaving work in the dark again. *sigh* I am determined not to complain (too much) this Thankful Thursday post or anytime over the next several weeks.
1. I made it back safe and sound from my work conference, more knowledgeable in all things Iowa…ok, well, not ALL things and places, but obtained some knowledge that I didn’t have before. This was the #bestconferenceever. Our substitutes who covered for us at work did a great job for the week and I didn’t have too many issues or corrections to make the day after I came home. Yay!
2. My doctor visit was a positive one. She agreed with my eye doctor that the two incidents were not related and it’s a good sign that I haven’t had any dizzy spells or anxiety attacks since the week before Conference. From my descriptions of my scary incidents, she concluded that I had an inner ear issue – she called it benign vertigo and if it reappears or persists, there is over the counter meds I can purchase. I have worked on the anxiety issues and quite a bit of it has passed or resolved itself – so as of now, I’m good to go! 🙂
3. We had our annual fall family picnic this past weekend. It was a good time seeing some extended family who we don’t get to often see. It was a perfect, gorgeous day – temps were in the high 60’s and no wind. It’s always a highlight being with my family. And as usual, no one left hungry – not after being at our potluck!
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
4. Again my workouts this week has been walking. But today I’m changing it up a bit and doing Brazil Butt Lift – Cardio Axe for cardio and High & Tight for sculpting. I have a feeling my tushy will be talking to me for a few days afterwards.
5. Here’s a shot of the Chinese Chicken Salad I took to our potluck. Everyone else brought meat and side dishes, and dessert. Some of us were grateful that I brought a vegetable! One of the blessings in disguise 🙂
Don’t forget to turn your clocks back this weekend. I really wish we didn’t have to mess with all the changing of clocks 🙁
Follow me on Google+