“May this coming week be way better!” Yep, that’s what I typed on last week’s Thankful Thursday post. And this week has been better in some ways, but I wouldn’t say “way better”, by no means. But it’s time for another Thankful Thursday post so here I am with my attitude of gratitude!
1. I finally got to the point where I was feeling my usual self (before somebody’s drunk fest) by Friday. And I was speaking to Mister again. Super big highlight! (I can’t stand when things aren’t right between us)
2. While retrieving my pay stub online, I received a notification that we were receiving a pay raise! Whoop! Nice, cos I just got one at my 6 month evaluation a couple months ago. The downer is it doesn’t even begin to cover the cost of living, but what the hey, it’s an increase 🙂
3. I picked up a virus – I believe I got pharyngitis (self diagnosed) which left me with a sore throat – it was very hard to swallow, a runny nose that wouldn’t quit, small headache and slight body soreness. It hit right before bed Sunday nite and needless to say I didn’t sleep much! Monday was my day off so I struggled to get thru that day with not much accomplished. I decided to take Tuesday off to rest and that helped a LOT. I worked yesterday, and it felt good to be doing something. Today I have a cough which is making my throat sore and my nose area is so red from all the blowing the last 3 1/2 days. But it’s improving every day!
On The Fitness/Nutrition Front
4. I kept taking hot baths to help ‘unpinch’ the nerve in my back and it worked! That and some P90X Recovery Drink. I attempted to do a PiYo workout yesterday and succeeded. I was understandably moving a little slower than Chalene and the gang, but I did the whole workout without any mishaps. Score!
5. Since I wasn’t feeling up to par this week, we had a couple nites of ‘take-out’ instead of home-cooked dinners. It was all about convenience while still trying to eat healthy this week. It’ll be better this coming week. (I’m claiming it!)
Follow me on Google+