This week’s Thankful Thursday highlights are pretty much ordinary. What with the snow melting and the days seeming to be longer, there’s not all that winter excitement to complain and be stressed about lol
1. So we turned our clocks ahead and I am now driving home in broad daylight! Yippee!!! I love love love it! No more trying to guess whether the road is icy or just shiny black. I can see the actual dry asphalt.
2. But….is it just me or did the change to Daylight Savings Time mess up everyone’s sleep too? I still am not caught up with the sleep that I lost when we lost that hour. I’m not happy about that at all. This is the time of the month when I work both my full-time and part-time jobs. So I’m already behind in my sleep due to working more than 3 days in a row. Yea, some of you might think that’s funny, but it’s all relative and what you’re used to, right? And this girl isn’t used to working 5 to 8 days in a row.
3. Since it doesn’t happen very often, I really treasure the times my family stops and sees me at work. I didn’t mention it a few weeks ago but my youngest daughter and her husband stopped in on their way to the city west of where I work. Then this week, my second daughter, my son-in-law and 2 of their 3 children stopped in on their way to the same city. It was my granddaughter’s birthday and she had picked a cool restaurant to have lunch at that afternoon. Ten minutes later, my husband stopped in on his way home from the city south of us. It was a very heart-warming day 🙂
4. I’m finally done with my taxes and am ready for my appointment with our accountant next week. I have already scheduled dates on my calendar to enter data into my ledgers so I will not fall behind. Yay me.
5. I’ve been helping with the Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party planning for my friend whose wedding I’m in. Two of the girls are from out of town so we are having both events on the same weekend – in just 3 weeks! A lot of emails have been flying back and forth this week, but it has been fun and we have secured the two venues. Yay!
Keep being hopeful. Spring is almost here!
Follow me on Google+