How’s everyone this Thankful Thursday? I’m grateful that today is way cooler than yesterday (altho still hot enough in the 80s).
1. I finished my part-time job within two days this month. Yay! And even tho I like doing the work that I do there, I sure like it better when I get it done so quickly. Means more time to do other things 😀
2. I got to feel human again and made it out over the weekend to 2 family graduations. Woohoo! It was fun and felt great to socialize with family and friends.
3. We celebrated our 30 year wedding anniversary this week – on Flag Day. 30 years of blissful marriage. 😉 Ok, some of it has been bumpy, but MOSTLY it’s been awesome to be married to Mister. He has been my mentor, guide, teacher, lover and friend since day 1. I haven’t always been that to him, but he accepted me and kept me around. I’m grateful for that and for him and thank God for blessing me.
4. So driving on the blacktop one morning, I encountered 2 dead raccoons and 1 dead cat within a mile of each other. Normal country living life (and death). #roadkill But I think the cat was one of the 8 that we inherited.
5. Traveler Tidbit of the week 🙂 I met Erin from AZ who is traveling by herself all over the country for 6 months. She wanted to do this before she settled down and was really excited to be doing this and meeting all kinds of people. I’m sure she’s met some interesting ones along the way so far.
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
I did my mowing workout for the first time this week at our new place. It was a VERY hot day so it took me a few hours to get maybe 90 – 120 minutes of mowing done with about 4 or 5 breaks in between. I hurt afterward, but it was a good hurt!
Here’s a shot of that catfish dinner Mister caught last week.
Follow me on Google+