Booyah! Another week has gone by and it’s time to post my Thankful Thursday highlights. I cannot believe how fast the days go by anymore. It didn’t use to fly by like it does anymore when I wasn’t working. But then again, it doesn’t help when the travelers come in and sign my Visitor Book and date it June 19, when it’s only June 17. lol
1. We made time to go to a Visitation for a family member who had alzheimers. It was sad and it made me stop and think when the widower made a comment that we would be going thru it soon. That is so not what I wanted to hear. But I think he’s right. 🙁
2. We celebrated our 29th Wedding Anniversary and Father’s Day (back to back this year) by going camping overnite with our youngest daughter and her husband. I had to work 10 hours first, while my husband worked for a few, then made a quickie appearance to a graduation party for a couple hours. He and the kids got some fishing in before I got there. I love eating campfire cooked food (we had country ribs and brats) but I dislike sleeping on the hard ground. I can’t even sleep on our living room floor! This was sort of a last minute trip becos all along we thought it was going to storm Saturday nite. So Jim didn’t throw our air mattress into the car 🙁 Needless to say, I was in bed by 8:30 Sunday nite due to lack of sleep the nite before!
3. Went to visit my mother in law (who has alzheimers) in the nursing home that she was put into a couple weeks ago. She is being well cared for as far as we can see and I hope that keeps up. She became agitated when we were going to leave. #sad
4. We had a tornado warning a couple days ago around 3:45 a.m. I didn’t realize it until I woke up a couple hours later and saw a text from my daughter alerting us of its approach. We had been awakened by the high winds and shut the windows but went back to sleep without even looking at my phone. Thank God it didn’t come out in the country where we live! #blessed
5. Since my Thankful Thursday ‘highlights’ weren’t anything I really wanted to take pictures of, I am posting some of the wildflowers that grow around our ‘country yard’. I enjoy looking at them and wish I had more. Some years they grow nicely and abundantly and some years it’s too wet or too dry and they don’t grow at all.
On the Fitness/Nutrition Front
6. I am happy to say that I have gotten back into working out – albeit slowly – on a more consistent basis since I slacked after my friend’s wedding weekend. But haven’t done as well on my clean eating. Again I say, “this has got to change….again”. I hope to report better news next week 🙂
Follow me on Google+