I have several Thankful Thursday highlights in today’s post but they will be short and sweet. I’m still behind in everything lol
1. I got thru the first part of the month working my part time job AND my regular job with only 1 day off in 7 without having a breakdown. haha This, and working on getting my taxes done and house moving tasks also. There’s been a lot of deep breathing around my house lately. I can’t wait till this is all over.
2. Mister dropped by at work for a quickie stop just cos he knows I like when he does that. Sweet and thoughtful, huh?
3. Oh! We are going to turn our clocks ahead this weekend and I’m excited to have longer days now. Having to adjust to the time change again, not so much. I’m already behind in my sleep!
4. Traveler tidbit for the week: Someone came in and made me aware of a traveler he had found sleeping on the men’s restroom floor and who was now walking around in his socks without his shoes on. He also said the man was cursing in the lobby and talking to himself. It was a little tense for an hour or so while I kept an eye on the guy – he left the building a few times and I lost him since there aren’t windows on all the walls – until I realized he was harmless. Thank God he never wandered into the Center, but it was interesting watching him for a couple hours till I got to leave for the day. Again I say….’what the heck?’
5. It’s been a week and I’m still peeling. Definitely not my favorite side effect of a ‘nice while it lasted’ tan lol
6. I received a call to come pick up my “new” eyeglasses this week. I luv being able to see clearly again 🙂
7. Mister and I finally took our middle daughter out for her birthday lunch (we were on vacation on her actual birthday). She chose a Thai place and I wanted to try something different…but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I ordered my usual Asparagus and Shiitake in a brown sauce with pork and a side of rice and cabbage soup. It was scrumptious!
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
Truth be told, it feels weird not working out 3 to 5 times a week with my fitness dvds.
I figured since I’m not officially working out consistently with my dvds that I’d eat less. Hopefully I will lose weight but at the very least not gain any! One of the things I’ve done (finally!) is eat only one plate of food at supper time 😀 I’m really liking it. I feel full enough after one plate and so far it’s working. I haven’t changed breakfast or lunch; they’re still small meals – such as a bowl of cereal, Shakeology or fruit for breakfast, and frozen entree, leftover supper or cheese and crackers with some kind of meat for lunch.
Follow me on Google+