Hi guys! I hope you’re having a wonderful week. I have much to be grateful for this Thankful Thursday. Working two jobs this past week wasn’t that hectic, thank God. I scheduled it so I wouldn’t have to work 7 or 8 days in a row and that helped a LOT!!! #gettingbetteratmyorganizationalskills
1. A friend whom I had about given up on – as far as hearing from her ever again – called me out of the blue. We hadn’t talked to each other (she doesn’t email) for about a year and a half when she moved from WA to CO to nanny her granddaughter. Turns out she was too busy with the baby to keep in touch with anyone. We chatted for almost 2 hours and caught up on our lives 🙂 The thing is, I had been thinking of her a lot this week. She must have picked up on my vibes!
2. A sad note…I got an email announcing the sudden death of a classmate of mine. What a shock! – she had a massive heart attack. And so young…she would have been 65 the end of this month. She was one of the most popular girls in our high school class and I didn’t know her too well even tho we lived less than 5 houses from each other for almost 4 years. I did get to know her a little becos we danced in the same hula troupe for a few years in high school, but that wasn’t the same thing as hanging out. At one of the last class get togethers, she was the only one I didn’t recognize and someone finally had to tell me who she was. WOW! A lot of food for thought, memories and introspection this week due to this one event.
3. Ok, so that tattoo discount coupon I found in my goodie bag I mentioned last week? It was for a permanent cosmetic tattoo. Not knowing all the lingo, I found out that meant something like your eyebrows or eyeliner. Now I think that would hurt quite a bit – they’d have to pay ME to permanently line my eyes! Mmmm….they run around $250 – $300 so I guess this was a good deal. But it got me thinking about what kind of tattoo I DO want and that maybe I will be getting it sooner than 26 years from when I first wanted it. Stay tuned!
4. My lone daffodil bloomed this week! That is the only flower highlight for the week. I’m still waiting for the rest of them and the tulips to bud and bloom.
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. I’ve added some weightlifting exercises for my arms that I’ve gleaned from magazines and some fitness websites to my weekly routine of Turbo Fire strength training workouts. And I’m still power walking with Kathy Smith to either warm up with or get an all-over body cardio workout 🙂
6. I found a treasure along our gravel road on the way home from my part-time job the other day. (wild asparagus)
I steamed some of it for supper. The rest will be roasted in the oven with garlic, pepper and salt – and olive oil 🙂
Follow me on Google+