It’s time for another Thankful Thursday post and this will be a quickie as I feel hurried. I did get a wake-up call earlier in the work week to slow down tho. I don’t like wake-up calls. Kinda like a loud annoying alarm!
1. So on the 4th, I saw some angles w/prism lights in my left eye. I meant to call the doctor the next day but as usual, time got away from me. Fast forward to the 12th and I wake up like I have a hangover – and felt all day like I just came off a ride that went in circles. There were other symptoms but on Tuesday and Wednesday they had subsided about 99%. I figured these two incidents were related and thought best to call the doctor. Turns out they weren’t related, my eye had an issue, but checked out fine and I have a doctor appointment to check out the dizzy spells in about 8 days.
2. Before all this commotion, we did get to go to a party on the weekend! Our friend has an annual fall bash out at his river home and it was a good time. He had been gathering fallen brush from the trees between his house and the river for several months which made this huge a$$ bonfire. It reached pretty high and actually caught part of a nearby tree on fire for a little while. So cool!
3. My traveler tidbit for this week’s blog: After speaking with her and her travel buddies, New Yorker Ling left and came back to hand me a protector ornament (and some literature). So cute! I have been thinking about getting a St. Christopher medal but will use this till I get the medal 🙂
4. For several weeks now, I have been running into this guy at the grocery store. He follows me around so we bump into each other in the aisles – and we have exchanged a few words cos I can’t help saying “Hi” to people in passing – it’s in my nature. But I believe he’s interested in a way that I’m not and Mister isn’t helping me much to come up with a dialogue to stop this 😉 But I have figured out a way so we’ll see what happens the next time we meet in the store. To be continued…
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. I couldn’t sleep one morning and decided to get up and start my day earlier than usual. I was so awake, I decided to get a morning workout in – something I haven’t done in a couple years – and before work to boot! Go me!
6. One of my daughters introduced me to a cajun sausage when she had me over for lunch one day when I worked my part-time job. I liked it so much I went out and bought some and introduced my husband to it. He loved it too! I stir fried it with sweet peppers, onion, and celery.
Follow me on Google+