Ok, I’m not kidding! This last week went flying by at a very high rate of speed. I must be having a LOT of fun lol Here is my Thankful Thursday post then.
1. My 80+ year old friend from church called and asked if I wanted to go to a town’s festival over the weekend. Since we hadn’t been to it for a couple years and it was something different to do in my life other than work, eat, sleep and catch up, I said “Sure, would love to!”. So I picked her up and drove about 50 minutes southwest of here where we spent several hours walking around visiting the displays and museums, spending our money at the many vendors (started my Christmas shopping), and tasting/drinking the food samples. It was an awesome day 🙂
2. The next day, we got a call from a friend to go on a last minute motorcycle ride but they were ready to roll and we hadn’t even had breakfast so we declined but that got us moving to go on our own little ride for a few hours. Topped it off with a supper at a restaurant we frequent. It was in the 80’s and actually felt hot riding. Woot!
In my excitement of going on a ride, I didn’t take a photo, but here’s one of Mister and our youngest grandson on Mister’s birthday 4 years ago on his Triumph motorcycle. I’m thankful that he is my husband and an excellent motorcycle driver. #Triumphguy
3. I hope your Monday started better than mine. The washer repairman finally came by on Friday to fix our washer. I didn’t have a chance to do laundry until Monday and when I turned it on, the water started coming out the bottom. Long story short, the pump had given out so he has to come back. 🙁
4. My second daughter visited me at work on her way to see my granddaughter run in her cross country meet. It’s so boring at work due to lack of travelers stopping becos of the construction going on – they think it’s not open – and her visit was totally unexpected. She’s my social butterfly daughter so it was absolutely a delight seeing her.
On the Fitness/Nutrition Front
5. I’m still plugging along with my PiYo workouts. If I had been doing it per schedule, I would have been done by now. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t working 10 hours a day.
6. I found some granola cereal with flaxseed at Aldi’s that I really like…it also has pumpkin seeds in it for an interesting combo in my mouth. And it tastes delicious too 🙂
Follow me on Google+