Hey, I’m Thankful Thursday posting on a perfect weather day! It’s been in the lower 80s – just my kind of weather. I know it’s impossible for Iowa, but I wish it would stay like this all year round! I take it your week has been a good one?
1. My baby girl took a half day off last Friday and came over so we could hang out. We used to do this a lot more before she got married lol The bonus is, it was a stormy day so Mister got rained out at work and came home before she had to leave. The three of us – it was like old times 🙂
2. I had to work the weekend. I knew Mister was gonna be busy on his day off (Sunday) so I wasn’t expecting him to stop by but he did, bless his heart 🙂 Of course it made my day and also made it just that much shorter.
3. Before I finished at my part-time job on Monday, I ran some errands before and after. I still really like the work that I do at that lawyer firm and am having second thoughts about giving it up.
4. A gal named Dixie came into the Welcome Center and after looking around a bit, came up to me to show me her picture in one of the Visitor Guides that she didn’t even know about. Lots of people come in and check out their hometown literature and once in awhile that happens. She was tickled and I gave her several booklets to take and share with her family and friends 🙂
On the Fitness and Nutrition Front
5. Kept up with my power walks with Kathy Smith and dancing with Shaun T’s CIZE workouts this past week. But I wanted to add more core and strength training so I revisited Rockin’ Body Hard Core Abs and ChaLEAN Extreme‘s Burn Circuits which killed my legs as it works different muscles than the power walks and dancing – and my arms! I’ll probably have noodle arms for a couple days lol
6. Since I had to work three 10-hour days in a row, I decided to do a 3-day Shakeology Cleanse then. I didn’t do 3 shakes a day, just two becos there isn’t a whole lot of moving around at work. It’s a desk job except when I’m stocking the shelves with literature or walking around filling the display racks or helping travelers. So I basically drank two shakes, tea, broth, ate fruit and a meal at suppertime. I lost 3 pounds in the three days and was happy about it.
Follow me on Google+