How many of you have ever had salmon patties? I love that stuff but did not have any canned salmon here yesterday. I did however have canned mackerel so I used that instead to make our last meatless Lenten meal I call easy canned mackerel patties. Yum! A nutritious dish full of protein 🙂
Easy Canned Mackerel Patties
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can mackerel (or salmon or tuna)
- chopped green onion
- salt, pepper & garlic powder
- olive or coconut oil
- Beat eggs with a whisk.
- Add mackerel to eggs & mash with a fork.
- Add green onion, season with salt, pepper & a touch of garlic powder.
- Heat oil in frying pan on low to medium-low heat.
- Scoop by spoonfuls into pan to form patties.
- Brown, flip and brown the other side.
Follow me on Google+